The News

As a mother of two young children, on a normal day, I am lucky if I can look at my CNN app on my phone and catch up with the rest of the world.  I even find myself seeking and looking at news updates on Facebook.  How could this be?  I remember when I would wake up early in the morning, before anyone else, and walk to the end of the drive way to pick up the morning newspaper.   I loved it!  I loved being the first one to open up the newspaper and feel the rough print on my hands, smell the pungent and dingy scent.  Nowadays, I would assume most people get their daily news on their phone or tablet, using different apps.  I wish I could travel back in time and relive a day before this modern technology.  I would like to experience once again waiting for the newspaper to be delivered.  I want to slowly and carefully remove the rubber band holding the newspaper together and gently unfold the pages. I could spend hours poring over each page. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change

Hello? Is anyone there?