A "Normal" Morning

The day started off normal, or as normal as a day can be in my household.  I couldn't believe it! My alarm had gone off - one - before my kids had waken up, and two- in itself didn't wake my kids up.  I slowly untangled myself from the blankets and my eleven month old son simultaneously.  All the while, I was just holding my breath and trying not to make any disruptive movements.  As I reached the edge of the bed, I told myself that I had done it.  I had managed not to wake anyone up and was going to be able to take a shower all by myself before anybody was the wiser.  Out of the corner of my eye I saw movement, and just then my daughter, Ava, rolled over suddenly.  "Mommy, what are you doing?" she said.  In a similar fashion and almost on cue, my son, John, sat straight up and looked sincerely distressed.  I stayed as still as possible, hoping among hopes that they would magically go back to sleep.  No such luck.  My son began incessantly grunting, disapproving of my sneaky behavior, while Ava repeated herself, "Where are you going Mommy?"  All I could do was say, "No where baby, I am not going anywhere," as I picked up Ava and sat next to John.  We all watched Dora the Explore until the absolute last possible moment before we all would have been late.

Comments

  1. Oh Samantha! I remember those days. Sneaking out of the bed, or trying my best to, unsuccessfully. Love this line, "I slowly untangled myself from the blankets and my eleven month old son simultaneously." God bless all the mommies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Change

Hello? Is anyone there?